Walled Lake Consolidated Schools is excited to offer our families Junior Kindergarten for the 2023-2024 school year!
Junior Kindergarten will support kindergarten readiness through a play-based curriculum. Our program will cultivate academic and social-emotional learning along with opportunities for play, creativity, and social skill development.
All families who are interested must complete our Junior Kindergarten Interest Form. Completing the form does not guarantee that your child will be placed in Junior Kindergarten. Families will be notified regarding placement decisions.
Forms submitted after February 27, 2023 will be placed on a waiting list and notified if space becomes available.
Eligible students must turn 5 years old between June 1 and December 1. We are unable to accept students beyond our December 1 cutoff.
Siblings of current Schools of Choice families are eligible for Junior Kindergarten for 2023-2024.
Programs At A Glance
To help families decide if Junior Kindergarten is a good fit for their child, our team has put together the following WLCSD Young Learners Breakdown.
- Full day, five days a week
- NO COST to families of eligible students
- Typical Grade Progression - Year 1: Junior Kindergarten, Year 2: Kindergarten
- Same start/end times as our elementary schools
- Follows the WLCSD school year calendar
- Prime Time Care available to students at a cost
- Bus transportation available if your child's home school is Commerce, Loon Lake, Meadowbrook, Pleasant Lake or Wixom.
- Families would need to coordinate transportation to/from school if your child's home school is not one of those schools.